Jason and I went to the North Shore, near Grand Marais, at the end of the summer so Jason could get his open water PADI certification. (They did two shipwreck dives in Lake Superior. Yeah, I know, cool.) We stayed at the Cascade Lodge, and this was the farthest north we've been. It was a refreshing change of scenery--more camping, family/Mom & Pop lodging, definitely more woods. While Jason did his dives, I took photos, enjoyed a very nice lunch at the lodge's wood-fire restaurant, and read The Time-Traveler's Wife, which, for me, started off well, but has gotten progressively worse. And I was so excited by the book cover! Some questions, though, about the future, or concerning patience, loyalty, knowledge, etc. have been interesting to consider.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
North Shore
Jason and I went to the North Shore, near Grand Marais, at the end of the summer so Jason could get his open water PADI certification. (They did two shipwreck dives in Lake Superior. Yeah, I know, cool.) We stayed at the Cascade Lodge, and this was the farthest north we've been. It was a refreshing change of scenery--more camping, family/Mom & Pop lodging, definitely more woods. While Jason did his dives, I took photos, enjoyed a very nice lunch at the lodge's wood-fire restaurant, and read The Time-Traveler's Wife, which, for me, started off well, but has gotten progressively worse. And I was so excited by the book cover! Some questions, though, about the future, or concerning patience, loyalty, knowledge, etc. have been interesting to consider.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment