While out on a stroller-walk with Ava, I
thought I should take a picture of a view
that I love so much. The church is within the
grove of trees to the left of the road sign.
Murdock's elevator, further off in the horizon line,
is between the two groves.
would dig out the cold, fresh water that
had newly been put into a large pan for her,
following a long morning walk.
at the top of Ava's stroller (above the seat).
Ava even pushed her around like this and the
cat didn't move. It's no wonder that Bumper
took a road trip later this summer to Murdock by
riding on the trailer. She jumped off when Grandpa
had stopped at a shop; he sure was surprised!
and Lucky are buddies. Lucky lives next
door to my parents, so when my dad takes
Maggie for a walk or snuffling in the mornings,
Lucky comes bounding up the ditch or running on
the road (nails going clickety-clack), to join them.
One of my best memories of last summer was watching
Lucky's and Maggie's heads bobbing up & down in the wheat
field, getting pheasants up now and then. Late last summer,
Dad thought he better ask Ronny, Lucky's owner, if it was all right
that Lucky come with on our walks. Ron replied, "I was wondering
why that dog was so tired."
My girls! Ava and I went over to see the Wentzel girls, whom
I babysat many years ago. The girls are now as old as I was
when I was babysitting them. All of them were in our wedding.
From left to right, they are Emily, a junior in high school; Megan (I think--it's still hard to tell you two apart!), a sophomore in college; Shari, their mom; Ava; Mallory, a sophomore in college; and Laura, a sophomore in high school. We had such a fun night catching up! We love you girls!

No comments:
Post a Comment