Monday, June 8, 2009

For The Dog in the Pod


We think Maggie is on the far right--one month old. Can
you imagine holding three squirming puppies in your hands?
What fun!


Puppy love.



Maggie at work.


Maggie Moo-pie


When's that baby going to get here?
Okay. So I just finished reading/crying through
Marley and Me by John Grogan, which led to this
post and lots of extra love & forgiveness for Maggie
(Oh, you want to chew up Ava's Little People, princess
balls, and shape sorters? You want to get dog hair
everywhere? That's okay, you're our dog.) I thought
I'd share an excerpt from the book that I really liked. I
bought the movie yesterday, which will lead to more crying,
and more forgiveness for Maggie. From Marley & Me:
"In a dog's life, some plaster would fall, some cushions would open, some rugs would shred. Like any relationship, this one had its costs. They were costs we came to accept and balance against the joy and amusement and protection and companionship he gave us. We could have bought a small yacht with what we spent on our dog and all the things he destroyed. Then again, how many yachts wait by the door all day for your return? How many live for the moment they can climb on your lap or ride down the hill with you on a toboggan, licking your face?" (226)

No comments: